Friday, January 30, 2009

Three-Day GEEKend!

As such luck would have it, I work a four-day week, and so I get Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays off. You might say I've reached that point in my life in which I find that my time is infinately more important than money or career. Therefore I rejoice in finding new and more importantly CHEAP ways to get the most happiness out of the time I have off.

Tomorrow night, a friend is coming over, and we'll be playing a bit of Orcz while Garish finishes up casting a HirstArts dungeon for a different friend down at our local game shop.

Then on Sunday we'll be heading down to Hobbytown USA in Kennesaw GA for our weekly Reaper Miniatures paint-&-take demo (free minis, anyone?) followed by Garish's intro to traditional adventure roleplaying Dungeon-of-Doooom

But, do you think we're going home to watch the Superbowl? Nope! We have yet another friend coming over for a bit of Swords & Wizardry. This poor guy is so gung-ho for traditional roleplaying that he seems to have forgotten all about..what's it called again....football?

Monday? Well...nothing formally planned, but it's Groundhog Day, and it is said that if a geek ventures outside and sees his/her shadow, there will be six more weeks of waiting for the next issue of his/her favourite eZine to be published...and this simply cannot be allowed to happen, so we'll find SOMETHING geeky to do I'm sure.

Then comes Tuesday...and it looks like the whole gang plus perhaps a new player will be coming over to kick the tires on Labyrinth Lord with a little all-thieves campaign.

Suffice to say, I should have some fun stuff to blog about in the next few days. Meanwhile, I have to sleep.... 'cuz I gotta work tomorrow. ...pthtpthppppttthh! :P

1 comment:

Chad Thorson said...

Oh yeah, that's right. The Superbowl is tomorrow. I have to work that day.